RULES AND REGULATIONS
2017 GRANT COUNTY FAIR RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This fair is planned and conducted according to the rules and regulations of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, for the use of state funds.
- Every possible protection and courtesy will be extended to exhibitors at the Grant County Fair, but the Board shall not be responsible for any loss of exhibits, animals or equipment in case of fire, theft, or loss from any other cause.
- The Grant County Fair Board, its agents, servants, and employees, shall not be held liable in case of injury to exhibitors, concessionaires, or the public on the grounds or in the buildings from any cause whatsoever while on the grounds of the Grant County Fair.
- No soliciting or advertising on Fairgrounds is permitted without the prior written consent of the Grant County Fair Board.
- The Grant County Fair reserves the right to remove from the grounds any persons of disorderly conduct from the grounds and neither the Grant County Fair nor its personnel shall be liable for such action.
- No pets allowed on fair grounds, except for participation in the Pet shows.
- No golf cars/ATVs are allowed on the grounds except those used by the Fair Board or otherwise authorized by the Fair Board.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are permitted on the fairgrounds at any time.
- Absolutely No Refunds / No Rain-checks of any kind will be issued.
- No re-entry to fairgrounds allowed. If you leave the fairgrounds for any reason, you will be required to pay admission again when re-entering the grounds.
- Entries made in 4-H and FFA classes must have been produced in conjunction with an approved project.
- Open classes are open to all exhibitors unless otherwise specified.
- Items entered for exhibition will not be released until the Sunday after the fair (August 7) between 1:00 and 3:00pm. Please keep your exhibit tags that are issued when entering exhibits. These will be used to claim exhibits. Exhibits must be picked up at this time as there will not be staff at the Fairgrounds to release exhibits after this time. If you are unable to pick up your exhibits, make arrangements for someone else to pick them up for you. Fruits and vegetables not picked up will be discarded.
- Premiums not immediately issued after individual shows will be available to be picked up at the Fair Office on the Sunday after the fair (August 7 between 1:00 and 3:00pm). Any discrepancy in premiums should be directed to the Fair Office. Any premium check not cashed within 60 days will be forfeited to the Grant County Fair. Any premium check less than $5.00 will not be mailed.
- Exhibitors may enter one entry per class. In the event of false entry, the exhibit will be disqualified.
- The Fair reserves the right to alter the order of showing a class and to cancel in the case of bad weather.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Exhibits will not be open to the public until entries have been judged. No one is permitted in the exhibition building during judging.
- Any member of the fair board shall have the authority without liability or recourse to the Grant County Fair to bar an exhibitor, participant or their representative in the event of a discourteous act to a judge or official of the Fair and shall have the power to disqualify the exhibitor/participant who would have to forfeit all entry fees and any prize money that may have been awarded them.
- The Fair Board reserves the right to use any or all photos taken during the fair events for publication.
LIVESTOCK HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
All livestock / animals offered for sale or exhibition at Kentucky County Fairs shall meet the following regulations according to KRS Chapter 257:
- 302 KAR 20:040 (Entry into Kentucky)
- 302 KAR 20:065 (Sale and Exhibition of Kentucky Origin Livestock)
Any questions concerning these health regulations should be directed to your local veterinarian or the Kentucky State Veterinarian’s office at 502-564-3956. Livestock Health Regulations can be obtained on the Kentucky Department of Agriculture website: http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/ah/index.htm. Please be advised that Livestock Health Regulations are subject to change anytime.